Saturday 29 September 2012

First Two Weeks

This blog shall hopefully contain all information, thoughts, ideas and plans that I shall have during my time on my Animation Course of three years.

First let me start of by talking about Induction week and the following week.

Induction week is pretty much self explanatory, it was a week where I was allowed onto the course and introduced to my tutors, the classrooms and my classmates.

It was very exciting and I quickly got to meet and talk to most of my group (all of whom were extremely pleasant and interesting). I was shown to some of the classrooms and went to a few lectures to better understand the University system and what it can provide for me and help me with.

The week following that (the week just gone in fact) was somewhat educational, I learnt how to use some Stop Motion equipment and had a grand time doing Life Drawing -- where my classmates and I drew and experimented with the 12 core Principles of Animation and quick, rough, sketches of the human body using only a few lines. Maya was one of the programs that I played around with and something that I need to learn how to use (even more so for me as 3D animation is something I want to pursue more than 2D animation and Stop Motion animation), it was very confusing and, with the amount of tools and buttons and options, there was a lot to take in, no doubt I shall be buying or lending several books on the program to try and better understand it.

I have also been given small tasks to do (most of them I did recently where, along with this blog, I've made my own Flickr and Vimeo, and I will be using and linking them throughout my time on the course) and one of them is to learn more about Anthropomorphism, or at least look into films, animations, cartoons etc that deal with it.

Don't know what Anthropomorphism is? Well, you shall do at some point as I'm sure, no, I guarantee that I will be doing a post about it at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment