Tuesday 9 October 2012

Brainstorm/Random Notes!

Objects in Animation:

* Why are certain objects used more than others? - More familiar/used daily in audience's life

* Do certain objects shown in Animation help with the overall feel/viewing of the scene/film?

* Colour of objects in scene/film?

* Why are hard objects in Animation softened? - Make them friendlier/desirable/loveable/relatable

* What different types of ways are objects in Animation used (for)?

* How and why an object morphs from an lifeless object to being full of life, and what ways are used to show transformation?

* How emotion is shown on/with objects in Animation?

Films/Animations:
Brave Little Toaster
Beauty and The Beast (though I know my lecturer would dislike the mention of this)

When I mention 'softened' I don't just mean just when objects look soft and spongy, but also when they are morphed and bent into positions the object wouldn't normally be able to go into in real life. One must show emotion and movement in an object some way and many Animators/Animations may 'soften' or change the density of an object to make it easier to animate.

This is the question I have chosen for now. I need more time and I don't believe I can explain correctly what I mean by the question. I realise I don't have many examples of films or animations that I can reference either, or not as many as I would have liked.
My question may change.
I'm not happy with my choice of question.


Below is a postcard I had to create to better explain/illustrate my question.





No comments:

Post a Comment