Wednesday 17 October 2012

Toon Boom & Maya

Two different programs. So far, so obvious.

Maya



Some may say Maya is quite complicated and when I was first shown it, I was instantly confused and panicked at the amount of tools and buttons there are on the interface. I should not have stressed so.
Many of Maya's tools are sort of duplicates of the same tool in some cases and to cut back on confusion I am able the freedom to make my own tool selection so I do not have to take time searching for what I want to use.
I only have one negative thing to say and it's not so much about the program but the keyboards provided. As predicted, the Macs at Uni are used quite regularly and therefore some of the keys stick or the shortcuts do not work and you have to go the long way around to do something. Also, the program is Maya 2013 and, being an updated 'new' version, it has its upsets sometimes and will do the complete opposite to what you want or just not work at all. Of course, this can easily happen with any program.

Toon Boom



Toon Boom I found to be very simplistic. As soon as I had opened it I knew almost instantly what the tools were and what they did and how to work it. I made a ball bounce animation in the first few moments of being introduced to Toon Boom. It's that simple. As time goes on, I have no doubt that I will learn more about it and find things I didn't know where on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment